- The Aviva Method is based on a carefully structured and methodical series of movement sequences, and works side by side with conventional medicine to support the female reproductive system.
- It offers the practitioner an opportunity to strengthen and heal herself, encourages normal bodily functions and supports the occurrence of natural and spontaneous pregnancy.
- Based on the legacy of founder, Aviva Steiner, the Aviva Method Information Center is committed to spreading knowledge, and a wider understanding of the Aviva Method and its numerous benefits – while making those benefits available to women worldwide.
The Aviva Method in a nutshell
The Aviva Method exercise technique is quite simple to perform, and after initial guidance, can be done at home. Through an intensive and methodical repetition of carefully structured movement sequences which focus on the pelvic area (upper hips and lower abdomen), blood flow and local heat are increased, thereby revitalizing the reproductive organs, as local blood vessels are dilated and the internal organs massaged.
As a self-healing technique, the Aviva Method allows the practitioner to take control over her own body and be more in tune with the hormonal changes that occur through her lifetime, while increasing inner strength. All this benefits her ability to deal with the emotional stress that goes alongside lengthy and often complicated fertility treatments, easing the way towards a substantially increased chance of conception. Practicing the Aviva Method balances the hormonal system by reducing high levels of FSH, and improves symptoms and syndromes such as PCOS.
The best results when using the Aviva Method are achieved by building a tailor-made exercise sequence and training program, specifically for each practitioner, according to her particular health issue, individual fitness level and learning pace. The program’s are based on the medical and hormonal history of the patient and her current medical condition and diagnosis: whether Amenorrhea, IVF treatments, menopausal symptoms, etc.
The importance of adhering to the exercise sequence recommended is paramount, as is doing the sequences at specific times. Different hormonal imbalances or reproductive health issues require different sequences to be performed during specific dates and times of the menstrual cycle. Persistence and commitment to the exercise program are key to success.
Once the Aviva Method is learned, it can be done with easy guidance. Later on it can be done at home, using simple handbooks with specifically tailored exercise programs.
The Aviva Method categories
For many women, menstruation – and its accompanying hormonal fluctuations – is an uncomfortable, unpredictable and painful experience, often affected by emotional and environmental factors. The Aviva Method exercises, when done regularly, can manage and control menstrual symptoms, even in medically diagnosed conditions. Significant improvement, or complete eradication is possible.
The Aviva Method successfully treats:
- PMS symptoms - amelioration of PMS symptoms such as bloating, migraines and mood swings, plus prevention of symptom recurrence.
- Menstrual pain - reduction or complete elimination of pain, both before and during menstruation.
- Heavy or prolonged bleeding and spotting - normalization of uncomfortable or abnormal menstrual bleeding.
- Irregular periods - regulation of either an inconsistent menstrual cycle, an overly short or prolonged one.
- Amenorrhea - redressing the absence of periods, both primary or secondary.
- Erratic ovulation - assistance when there is no ovulation, or if it appears too early or too late in the menstrual cycle.
- Endometrium - strengthening and regulating the cyclic activity of the endometrium (whether thin or proliferating).
- Hormonal balance - balancing a hormonal profile with abnormal values (lowering high FSH or Prolactin values and regulating LH levels) as well as those occurring after prolonged use of birth control pills, or post gestation.
Practicing the Aviva Method exercises balances the hormonal system and changes the pelvic floor set-up, increasing healthy blood flow and substantially advancing the likelihood of natural conception. An enabled physical and mental control (as opposed to emotional and physical stress, which disrupt normal hormonal functioning) aid the process. This is as true for usually healthy women suffering from ‘secondary infertility’, where stress and fatigue interfere with conception, as it is for those unable to fall pregnant at all – reducing the need for invasive, expensive and unnecessary fertility treatments.
The Aviva Method successfully treats:
- Unexplained non-pregnancy - assistance for couples for whom there is no clear reason why conception is elusive. The Aviva Method helps support each stage of the hormonal cycle. This can addresses gaps that conventional medicine did not detect nor has the technologies to map yet.
- Recurring miscarriages - preparation for a full-term pregnancy includes uterine strengthening, renewal of the endometrium, and general invigoration of the hormonal system.
- Low ovarian reserve: early ovarian failure/early menopause - in many cases, improving the blood flow and invigorating hormonal activity can result in a “good month” in which a normal ovulation cycle – and potential conception – can occur. Practicing the Aviva Method will improve the hormonal functioning of women suffering these conditions, enabling (even for short windows of time) a spontaneous pregnancy or successful IVF treatment.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - ovulation and conception in women with PCOS can be achieved by balancing hormones and regulating the menstrual cycle.
- Fertility treatments - in order to start from a better position, practicing the Aviva Method prepares the body to receive the assisted reproductive technology used for fertility treatments. This kind of preparation gives fertility treatments a better chance of working, and can also lower the number of treatments, thereby decreasing hormonal drug doses. The detected effect is an increased number and quality of eggs and embryos and endometrial thickening. Especially suitable for “poor responders” and those using “natural-based treatments/natural cycle hormonal treatments”..
- Preserving fertility - keeping the hormonal balance “in shape” to enable parenting at an older age, and aiding the functioning of a normal hormonal cycle. Supporting the medical procedure of “partial/half IVF” for the option of egg preservation (the freezing of enough and better quality eggs)..
Menopausal symptoms can be overcome naturally, and without the use of hormones.
The Aviva Method successfully treats:
- Hot flashes - alleviation of frequency, intensity and duration of attacks, as well as mood swings, insomnia and sudden binging associated with the menopause.
- Feminine experience - practicing the Method after menopause, when hormonal cycles continue but at a far less visible level, preserves our femininity long term.
4 Male Fertility
Practicing the Aviva Method exercises regularly allows men control over their reproductive health, giving them the chance to improve their sperm count, erectile functioning and manage prostate health naturally. Just as for female fertility, the exercise sequences for male fertility are composed of pelvic movements: using the hips and lower abdominal region and increasing control and blood flow. But the exercises for men do not include aerobic activity, and are of shorter duration so as not to heat the pelvic area and disrupt spermatogenesis (the sperm production process) and sperm quality.
Since the data collected on the beneficial effects of the Aviva Method on male fertility are scarce but extremely meaningful, the Aviva Method Information Center is looking for volunteers to collaborate in performing and managing clinical research.
The Aviva Method addresses:
- Infertility conditions - low sperm count; low semen fluid or low sperm cell mobility; changes in the semen fluid composition; blockages that disrupt the movement of sperm cells from the scrotum to the penis.
- Prostate problems
- Erectile dysfunction
Male fertility professionals with an interest in collaborating with us, please contact us via the form below.